All examinations that were due to be held in summer 2020 have now been cancelled by the Department for Education in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have any queries regarding this information, please contact either Mrs Learmonth or Miss Richardson in the Examinations Office.
The Examinations Office is responsible for the organisation of all internal and external examinations.
It is the aim of Northallerton School & Sixth Form College to make the examination experience as free from stress and as successful as possible for all candidates.
If students or parents have any queries or need help or advice at any time before, during or after the examinations please contact the examinations office staff.
Internal examinations are scheduled throughout the year and students are issued with their own timetable. Examinations are scheduled to take place in the sports hall and students are expected to follow the rules of external examinations. Dates will be published in due course.
The practical examinations, assessments and controlled assessments take place throughout the school year as notified by the head of subject.
For external examinations all students will receive a personalised entry checking form. This form should be signed and returned to the Examinations Office. Students are then issued with a personalised timetable along with a copy of an examination booklet which explains all the rules and regulations students must follow when sitting their examinations.
Results Days 2020
- If you wish any other person (including family members) to collect your results on your behalf, you must give your written authorisation to Mrs Learmonth before results day.
- Candidates who do not collect their results will receive notification through the normal post. Letters will be posted on results day and not before.
- No results will be given out by telephone.
Contact the Examinations Office
T: 01609 773340
Sarah Learmonth – Examinations Officer
Laura Richardson – Examinations Assistant
Northallerton School & Sixth Form College – Centre Number 48133
Replacement certificates can be obtained directly from the following:
OCR – Telephone: 01223 553998
AQA – Telephone: 0800 1977162
Edexcel – Telephone: 0870 2409800
Results Day 2020
A-Level Results Day –Thursday 13th August 2020 from 9.00am
GCSE Results Day –Thursday 20th August 2020 from 9.00am
GCSE and A-Levels Exam Certificates for exams that were taken in Summer 2019 are now ready for collection.
How to get your certificate(s):
- Come to the Examinations Office in person during college hours OR
- Send someone to collect them for you – this person must have a signed note from you giving them permission to collect the certificates OR
- Certificates that remain uncollected after approximately one year will be sent by recorded delivery to you at the address held by the school. This is expensive for the school and there is potential for certificates to be lost so we would prefer that they are collected.