- Art and Design
- Business Studies GCSE
- Core Physical Education
- Design and Technology GCSE
- Drama GCSE
- Engineering GCSE
- Engineering VCERT (NCFE)
- English Language and Literature
- Food & Nutrition - GCSE
- French or Spanish
- Health and Social Care National Award
- Music GCSE
- Physical Education & Sport
- PSHE and Careers
- Science GCSE
- Social & Religious Studies
- Years 7-9
The level 1 / 2 Certificate in I-Media is ideally suited to students with an interest in creative computing and media including pre-production, techniques, digital graphics, creating websites and interactive products. It is a practical IT course.
Students will gain a range of practical skills in IT. They'll explore one occupational area of IT and focus on the system life cycle to design, create, test and evaluate a solution to an IT problem.
Students taking this qualification will:
- Apply creative media skills through practical activities
- Be encouraged to be independent, creative and aware of the digital media sector
- Develop skills in researching, planning and reviewing work.
- Create fit-for-purpose creative media products
The course content:
- Pre-production skills: an introduction to a range of essential pre-production techniques used in the creative and digital media
- Creating digital graphics: where and why digital graphics are used and the techniques that are involved in their creation. Creating digital graphics against a specific brief
- Creating a multipage website: the properties, purposes and features of multipage websites. Creating a functional, intuitive and visually pleasing website.
- Creating interactive multimedia products: Planning and creating a multimedia product.This Level 1/2 Certificate in Digital Applications is ideally suited to students with an interest in creative computing and media including pre-production techniques, digital graphics, creating websites and interactive products.
25% - Unit one: Pre-production skills (external assessment)
A 75 minute written paper where students will demonstrate their knowledge of the purpose and content of pre-production, plan pre-production then produce and review pre-production documents.
25% - Unit two: Creating Digital Graphics (internal assessment)
Students will work towards the completion of an exam board set assignment to demonstrate their understanding of a client brief and use a range of techniques to create and edit digital graphics.
25% - Unit Three: Creating a Multipage Website (internal assessment)
Students will work towards the completion of an exam board set assignment to combine components to create a functional and aesthetically pleasing website.
25% - Unit Four: Creating Interactive Multimedia Products (internal assessment)
Students will work towards the completion of an exam board set assignment to interpret a client brief and use time frames, deadlines and preparation techniques to help them plan and create an interactive multimedia product.
Students will achieve a qualification that is relevant to the needs of the industry, placing them in a sound position for progression to further study and equipping them with relevant employment skills.
Northallerton School & Sixth Form College