|Contract Type / Term||
Contract: Fixed term until 31st August 2021
Hours/weeks: 37 hours per week, term time only (plus training days)
Salary: Grade:C, points 2-4 (£17,711 - £18,426 pro rata)
Actual Salary: £15,047 - £15,655 p.a
We are seeking to appoint an Administration Assistant at Northallerton School & Sixth Form College. The candidate will be responsible for providing an efficient and professional administrative service to the school as part of the administration team. The main aspect of this post will be to cover our parent reception area (Monday – Thursday 8.15 – 4.15, Friday 8.15 – 3.45) and you will be the first point of contact for visitors to the school.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated person who:
Job shares would be considered.
It is an exciting time to join the school as we became an academy and joined Areté Learning Trust in September 2019. We would welcome applications from colleagues who wish to join us on our journey as we continue to build on our strengths and progress of recent years.
We are keen to welcome you as part of our staff team, as we all work together to make this school the very best it can be.
For further information and a full application pack please visit the School Website (https://www.northallertonschool.org.uk/).
You would be most welcome to visit our school, please contact Sarah Boreham on 01609 773340 ext. 227 to arrange a suitable time.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
Closing date: 9am on Monday 24th February 2020
Interview date: TBC
Please use the links below to apply for this vacancy and access further information:
Arete Recruitment Pack - general CEO message.pdf
Application pack - Administration Assistant.pdf
Arete Learning Trust-Application Form - Admin assistant.doc
Job Advert - Admin Assistant.docx
Thank you for your interest in working for Northallerton School & Sixth Form College.
Living & working in Northallerton, North Yorkshire - The locality
Northallerton is the county town of North Yorkshire and is the seat of The North Yorkshire County Council.
Set between the Yorkshire Dales National Park to the west and the North York Moors National Park to the east the town has been a centre of communications for centuries.
Teesside is 40 minutes away by car, Leeds and York around an hour. How to find us
Since 1973, Northallerton has been served by two comprehensive schools about one mile apart – the Allertonshire School (11-14 middle deemed secondary) and Northallerton College (14-18). On April 2 2015 these two schools merged to become a single 11-18 school. The new school is called Northallerton School & Sixth Form College. It has approximately 1200 students (200 in the Sixth Form). For more information about living and teaching in North Yorkshire please visit http://www.inspireleadteach.co.uk/
What can we offer you?
- The challenge of meaningful work – the opportunity to work in a unique school with a diverse community of students, meeting their needs and nurturing aspiration;
- Clear vision and strategic thinking leading to the setting and achieving of challenging goals. Working learning and achieving together;
- CPD and career progression opportunities – a place to develop and share best practice so we can all succeed no matter where our future career paths may lead;
- A supportive team – collaboration with partners from other schools, a place where friendships can be made and we all feel valued.
Our Mission: Learning and Achieving Together
Our aim is that we learn and achieve together. To do this we will:
- Ensure every student succeeds
- Shape our curriculum to meet students’ interests, needs and aspirations
- Strive to be effective in all we do
- Work in partnership in the interests of students
- Manage our resources to support our students
Are you the person we’ve been looking for? If so what do we expect from you?
- A passionate commitment to education and young people - to engage, motivate and respond positively to challenge and high expectations;
- To contribute, make a difference and have a tangible impact - turning enthusiasm and commitment into action;
- Creative, fresh and innovative thinking - seeking out the most efficient/effective practice and to be an active participant in a process of development, using self-evaluation to enhance students’ opportunities for academic progress and personal growth;
- A spirit of collaboration - an ability to relate to and build relationships with students, parents, and other members of the community.