There are many online websites offering fantastic resources, helpful hints and tips and past papers. Please refer to the section 'Useful Resources' at the bottom of this page, where you will find links to some of these sites including GCSEpod.
GCSE Revision Guides available from departments as below:
- Maths uses the CPG Revision Guide and Workbook, available for £2.50 each.
- English uses the CPG AQA GCSE Language Revision Workbook and Revision Guides for A Christmas Carol, Macbeth, An Inspector Calls and Love and Relationships Poetry Anthology. These are available for £2.50 each.
- Geography uses the CGP Revision Guide: AQA Geography 9-1. Available for £3.75
- History uses the CGP GCSE revision guide (Edexcel 9-1 history). Available for £3.25.
- MFL – French uses the CPG AQA GCSE Revision Guide and Workbook. Available for £2.50 each.
- Science uses the Grade 9-1 GCSE Combined Science: Foundation AQA Revision Guide and the Grade 9-1 GCSE Combined Science: AQA Exam Practice Workbook. Available for £5.50 each.
- PE Uses the CGP GCSE Physical Education complete guide 1-9 , available for £5.50, and the Pocket size booklet available for £1.99.
Year 11 Exam preparation
Please find a booklet which we hope you will find time to go through with your son / daughter giving lots of useful guidance to help be properly prepared. We would also like to share with you the PiXL Independence website which has lots of useful revision questions which students can undertake in their own time to supplement their revision programme along with some templates for them to summarise their learning at the end of each revision session. We hope you find both resources useful.
To access the resources on the PiXL site you require the PiXL School Number and password,these were texted out to all parents at the end of term and can also be found on Class charts as part of a revision homework set by Mrs Bell for all Y11 students.
Useful templates to help summarise learning
GCSEpod is a digital service which provides focused learning in a unique ‘Pod’ format across 20 popular GCSE subjects, which are filtered by exam boards.
Each subject is broken down into topics and questions are answered in short concise 'Pods'.
GCSEpod is a great way to revise on the go and pods can be downloaded to phones, tablets and other devices to watch/listen to at a later time. The pods are a great way of revising core concepts and consolidating work done in class.
Here are some useful links for parents and students to engage with 'podding':
Our recommended revision links
Get Revising offers every student a personal learning kit
GCSE and A Level revision site
A guide to learning styles
Revision notes and practice questions
Revision notes, links and tips
Free past papers for students
Visit the VLE
Top revision tips and resources