- Art and Design
- ASDAN Award
- Business Studies GCSE
- Combined Science: Trilogy GCSE
- Computer Science GCSE
- Core Physical Education
- Design and Technology GCSE
- Drama GCSE
- Engineering GCSE - DT
- English Language and Literature
- Fashion & Textiles Technical Award - DT
- Food & Nutrition - DT
- French or Spanish
- Health and Social Care National Award
- Information Technology Technical Award
- Material Technology Technical Award - DT
- Music GCSE
- Physical Education & Sport
- PSHCRE (Core)
- Social & Religious Studies
- Visual Communication Technical Award - DT
- Years 7-9
Design and Technology
The KS3 curriculum for design and technology aims to build upon the KS2 progress to ensure that all pupils:
- Develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world.
- Build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high-quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users.
- Critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products and the work of others.
- Understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.
Design and technology is an inspiring, rigorous and practical subject. Using creativity and imagination, pupils design and make products that solve real and relevant problems within a variety of contexts, considering their own and others' needs, wants and values. They acquire a broad range of subject knowledge and draw on disciplines such as mathematics, science, engineering, computing and art. Pupils learn how to take risks, becoming resourceful, innovative, enterprising and capable citizens. Through the evaluation of past and present design and technology, they develop a critical understanding of its impact on daily life and the wider world. High-quality design and technology education makes an essential contribution to the creativity, culture, wealth and well-being of the nation.
What students will study:
In Year 7
- Wooden Toy in Resistant Materials
- Cooking and Nutrition for Healthy Eating
- Textiles Storage bag for a Chosen Item
- Luxury Chocolate Packaging and Branding
In Year 8
- Jointed Money Box in Resistant Materials
- Functions of Food within Savory Cooking
- A Textile Teaching/Learning Aid for Young Children
- A Structured Commercial Desk-tidy
In Year 9
- Metal keyring with Jointed Presentation Container
- Food Dishes from around the world
- Textiles Personalised Shorts
- Game of Strategy
- Vegetarian recipes are also provided as an alternative to the meat cookery.