- Art and Design
- ASDAN Award
- Business Studies GCSE
- Combined Science: Trilogy GCSE
- Core Physical Education
- Drama GCSE
- Engineering GCSE - DT
- English Language and Literature
- Food & Nutrition - DT
- French or Spanish
- Health and Social Care National Award
- Information Technology Technical Award
- Material Technology Technical Award - DT
- Music GCSE
- Physical Education & Sport
- PSHCRE (Core)
- Social & Religious Studies
- Years 7-9
Information Technology Technical Award
This new Level 1/2 Technical Awards is ideally suited to learners with a preference for practical, in addition to, theoretical learning. These qualifications all have a focus on creativity.
Students taking this qualification will study the fundamental aspects required in the three IT occupational areas covered by this specification: Creative, Data Management and Technical. They will also study the specific theory and skills required in their chosen occupational area in greater depth, resulting in the creation and evaluation of an IT system.
Students will gain a range of practical skills in IT. They'll explore one occupational area of IT and focus on the system life cycle to design, create, test and evaluate a solution to an IT problem.
The course content
- IT systems; hardware; software; networks; securing IT systems; data and information and emerging technologies.
- Understand specialist technical principles
- Design, create, build and evaluate an IT system.
- Develop core knowledge and understanding of IT applications.
30% - Unit one: Practical Skills in IT (internal assessment)
Tasks will cover 10 practical skills from two skills groups. The learner will carry out these tasks and provide a portfolio of evidence.
30% - Unit two: Creating IT systems (internal assessment)
Students will design, explain, plan, build and configure an appropriate IT system for a user, test and evaluate its performance.
40% - Unit three: Fundamentals of IT (90 minutes external examination)
Covering the core: IT systems; hardware; software; networks; securing IT systems; data and information and emerging technologies.
Students will achieve a qualification that is relevant to the needs of the industry, placing them in a sound position for progression to further study and equipping them with relevant employment skills.
Northallerton School & Sixth Form College