- Art and Design
- ASDAN Award
- Business Studies GCSE
- Combined Science: Trilogy GCSE
- Core Physical Education
- Design and Technology GCSE
- Drama GCSE
- Engineering GCSE - DT
- English Language and Literature
- Food & Nutrition - DT
- French or Spanish
- Health and Social Care National Award
- Music GCSE
- Physical Education & Sport
- PSHCRE (Core)
- Social & Religious Studies
- Years 7-9
Certificate in Digital Applications
This new Level 1/2 Technical Awards is ideally suited to learners with a preference for practical, in addition to, theoretical learning. These qualifications all have a focus on creativity.
This Level 2 Certificate in Digital Applications is ideally suited to students with an interest in creative computing including digital graphics, animations, interactive multimedia products and website design.
Students taking this qualification will:
- Be equipped with the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to design and make, effective digital products for others to use
- Develop skills in using digital tools as a means of expression to inform, persuade and entertain
- Be encourages to be creative and develop their independent learning skills
- Be challenged to reflect on what they produce and strive for
The course content:
- Developing web products
- Creating web banners and navigation bars
- Editing/creating digital images
- Editing/creating sound, animation and video
- Creating interactive multimedia products
50% - Unit one: Developing Web Products (external assessment)
A 2.5 hour practical examination where students are expected to build a website to meet a specific client brief and write an evaluation of it.
50% - Unit two: Creative Multimedia (internal assessment)
Students will design, explain, plan, build and test an interactive multimedia product to meet a client brief and present it in the form of an e-portfolio.
Students will achieve a qualification that is relevant to the needs of the industry, placing them in a sound position for progression to further study and equipping them with relevant employment skills.
Northallerton School & Sixth Form College